- 1 How do I get my car DVD player to play while driving?
- 2 How do you bypass the parking brake on a DVD player?
- 3 Is playing a DVD while driving illegal?
- 4 Can you play a movie while driving?
- 5 What color is the parking brake wire?
- 6 Can I just ground the parking brake wire?
- 7 Do I need to connect parking brake wire?
- 8 Where does the pink brake wire go?
- 9 Does Best Buy install parking brake bypass?
How do I get my car DVD player to play while driving?
How to Make a Car DVD Player Play While Driving
- Turn on the car by putting the keys in the ignition. You have to turn the starter to the accessories option to start the DVD player before the car starts.
- Insert the DVD in the DVD player.
- Choose to play the DVD or select any options from the front panel of the DVD player.
How do you bypass the parking brake on a DVD player?
How to Bypass an Automobile DVD Player’s Parking Brake Safety
- Pull the unit from your dash (assuming it is installed already).
- Find the ground wire (-12 volt).
- Strip the ends off of the wire that is supposed to be connected to the parking brake, the ground for the dvd player and the ground wire from the car.
Is playing a DVD while driving illegal?
It is illegal for it to show anything distracting if the driver can see it, which means no dvds when the car is moving (usually hook up a wire to the handbrake so it cuts out when the handbrake is taken off).
Can you play a movie while driving?
Most states allow video displays in a vehicle, so long as they are not visible, in any way, from the driver’s seat. Laws do allow displays for GPS-based navigation systems, vehicle status displays and camera displays.
What color is the parking brake wire?
light green wire which is the parking brake wire that comes with the Pioneer harness.
Can I just ground the parking brake wire?
Just wire it to ground. It’s supposed to keep you from playing dvd’s and making calls when the parking brake is disengaged, but you can just keep it constantly fooled by grounding it.
Do I need to connect parking brake wire?
If your new stereo has a touchscreen or video monitor, you will also need to connect a wire to your emergency/parking brake wire. This wire acts as a switch to turn on the video monitor when the parking brake is engaged. The wire is usually found where your parking brake is.
Where does the pink brake wire go?
The white wire should be connected to the white wire. If you want the wall switch to turn off the light/fan, you need to hook the pink wire in the box to the black wire on the controller. You can prevent the switch from turning off the light by connecting black to black.
Does Best Buy install parking brake bypass?
Re: does bestbuy install parking brake bypass and steering wheel control interface? Best But can not install a device that bypasses the parking brake. Than can however install the steering wheel control. Labor is around $59.