- 1 How do I hook up my VCR to my TV and cable?
- 2 What cable do I need to connect DVD player to Smart TV?
- 3 Why does my TV say no signal when I plug in my DVD player?
- 4 Can I connect an old VCR to a new TV?
- 5 How can I watch VHS tapes on my TV?
- 6 How do I connect my DVD VCR to my Samsung Smart TV?
- 7 Can I run my DVD player through cable box?
- 8 Can you record cable TV with a VCR?
- 9 How do you hook up a VCR and DVD player to a smart TV?
- 10 Can a VCR be connected to a Smart TV?
- 11 How do I switch my Samsung TV to DVD player?
- 12 Do DVD players need HDMI cable?
How do I hook up my VCR to my TV and cable?
Purchase a composite-to-HDMI or component-to-HDMI adapter, depending on what your VCR uses. Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the adapter. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to a free HDMI port on your TV. Switch your TV to the HDMI input you plugged the adapter into.
What cable do I need to connect DVD player to Smart TV?
Connect one side of an HDMI cable to the back of the DVD player. The other side of the HDMI cable connect it to an available input on your TV. Turn on the DVD player, and using the TV’s remote, select the corresponding input. At this point, you should see the DVD Player logo on your TV screen.
Why does my TV say no signal when I plug in my DVD player?
Change the INPUT or source the HDTV is set to by pressing the INPUT button on the TV or its original remote. When you try different inputs, let the DVD player play a disc and output a constant signal. If your TV has the correct INPUT or Source, unplug the cable and plug it back, or try another cable or port.
Can I connect an old VCR to a new TV?
The short answer is yes! Most VCRs can hook up to most modern TVs, though you might have to buy a cable or two. For a long time, VCRs used coaxial cables. Those are basically the same cables that come out of your wall to plug in a cable or satellite box.
How can I watch VHS tapes on my TV?
A Quick List of Your Cable Options
- HDMI Converter Box: The easiest (and most expensive) way to play VHS tapes on a big screen.
- S-Video: If your TV and VCR have S-Video ports (your TV probably doesn’t), use S-Video.
- RCA: Even some new TVs have an RCA port, and you probably have a few RCA cables lying around.
How do I connect my DVD VCR to my Samsung Smart TV?
Turn on your TV and VCR, then push the Menu button on the Samsung remote. Go to “Input” and click “Enter,” then scroll through the connections until you reach the one corresponding to the jacks connected to the VCR. (The titles onscreen will match the labels on the jacks.) Click “Enter” again.
Can I run my DVD player through cable box?
You can’t hook a DVD to a cable box. It doesn’t have inputs. If the cable box is connected to the antenna jack on the TV and that’s the only connection you will need an AV RF modulator.
Can you record cable TV with a VCR?
Using an antenna to record broadcast TV on a VCR is virtually the same process for a high definition television (HDTV) as with an analog TV. That’s because the TV tuner inside the VCR drives the recording process; it does not work with digital TV. To record cable TV with an old VCR, you will need a DTV converter box.
How do you hook up a VCR and DVD player to a smart TV?
S-Video. Connect an S-Video cable to the “S-Video Out” port on your VCR/DVD combo player. Plug the opposite end of the S-Video cable to the “S-Video In” port on your TV. Connect a set of RCA audio cables to the red and white color-coded “Audio Out” jacks on your VCR/DVD combo player.
Can a VCR be connected to a Smart TV?
However you can’t connect your VCR directly to the TV. You need a converter box between the VCR and the TV. The yellow, red and white lead from the VCR plugs into the input of the converter box. The output of the converter box connects to a HDMI lead.
How do I switch my Samsung TV to DVD player?
How to Connect a DVD to a Samsung TV
- Locate the HDMI input on the back of the Samsung TV.
- Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the “HDMI IN” port.
- Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into the “HDMI OUT” port on your DVD player.
Do DVD players need HDMI cable?
What cables do you need to connect a DVD player to a TV? Newer DVD players typically come with an HDMI cable, which you can simply plug into the TV and DVD player. However, older models may come with a composite cable. To use this, connect the red, white and yellow plugs into their respective ports on both devices.