- 1 Why does my DVD say no disc when I insert it?
- 2 What do you do when your DVD player says disc error?
- 3 How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
- 4 How do I reset my LG DVD player?
- 5 What causes a DVD player to stop working?
- 6 Why do some dvds not play in my player?
- 7 How do you reset a DVD player?
- 8 How do I get my DVD player to work?
Why does my DVD say no disc when I insert it?
The message DISC ERR is usually displayed when the unit ca see the disc but not play the disc. This usually occurs when the disc is scratched or dirty. The message NO DiSC is displayed when the unit simply can not read or detect the disc at all. This can also occur if the disc is scratched or dirty.
What do you do when your DVD player says disc error?
When the message NO DISC, DISC ERROR, or INSERT DISC appears on the display on the DVD player, check the following:
- Make sure there is a disc in the player.
- Make sure the disc is inserted correctly with the playback side facing down on the disc tray.
- Make sure the disc being used is supported by the player.
How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
If your CD/DVD drive is having trouble recognizing a disc:
- If you know the disc isn’t blank, check whether the data surface is damaged.
- Try a different disc.
- Try the disc in another computer’s drive.
- Try cleaning the drive with a CD/DVD drive cleaning product.
How do I reset my LG DVD player?
Press the HOME button on the remote control and select Settings > OTHERS > Initialize, then press ENTER or WHEEL. 2. Choose the option you require and select Close when finished. Factory Set – You can reset the player to its original factory settings.
What causes a DVD player to stop working?
If you have a problem with your DVD player not reading discs, the lens is often to blame. Luckily, it’s usually a dirty lens that impedes your DVD player’s ability to read media. Still, sometimes a lens can simply burn out and stop working, which means a replacement is in order.
Why do some dvds not play in my player?
A video burned to a DVD must be burned in a specific way. A WMV or AVI movie file burned to a disc will usually not play in most players unless it is converted to another format first. Special programs exist that convert video files to the right format before they are burned so most players can play them.
How do you reset a DVD player?
On the DVD remote control, press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select the SETUP icon. Press the ENTER button. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select RESET. Press the ENTER button.
How do I get my DVD player to work?
How to Connect a DVD Player to a TV
- Unplug your TV and DVD player.
- Set the DVD player on a shelf near the TV.
- Connect your DVD player with the included cables.
- Whichever cable you use, plug one end into the DVD player, and the other into the corresponding port in the TV.