- 1 Why won’t Windows Media Player play my DVD?
- 2 How do I get my DVD player to work on my computer?
- 3 Why is my DVD not playing on my computer?
- 4 Does Windows 8 have Media Player?
- 5 What is the best free DVD player for Windows 8?
- 6 How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my DVD drive?
- 7 How do I get Windows Media Player to play DVDs?
- 8 Can’t play a DVD on Windows 10?
- 9 How do I get Windows DVD for free?
- 10 Why won’t my DVD play on my HP laptop?
- 11 How can I play a DVD on my laptop without a DVD drive?
- 12 How do I fix my DVD drive not detected?
Why won’t Windows Media Player play my DVD?
If you see an error from Windows Media Player that says “compatible DVD decoder not installed,” this means that a plugin (called an mpeg-2 decoder) needed to play DVDs is not installed. We recommend downloading this software from www.videolan.org in order to play DVDs on your computer.
How do I get my DVD player to work on my computer?
My DVD Player Won’t Work on My Computer
- Open the DVD drive and insert a DVD. Close the drive and allow the computer to recognize the disc and boot up the player.
- Open and close the DVD drive several times.
- Inspect the DVD.
- Re-install the DVD player on the computer by uninstalling first.
Why is my DVD not playing on my computer?
You may come across the problem that your DVD won’t play on Windows 10 when you insert your disc into the disc drive. The causes of this problem can be that your Windows 10 does not have a proper DVD playback software, or that something is wrong with your CD/DVD drive.
Does Windows 8 have Media Player?
Windows Media Player (WMP) has been included in every version since 2000. While Windows 8 will default to the metro style Music app, you can still use WMP. Windows 8 still includes Windows Media Player, but you’re not going to find it on the Start screen or the Taskbar on the desktop.
What is the best free DVD player for Windows 8?
Hare are five free apps to get around the lack of native Windows DVD playback and let you enjoy your DVD collection.
- VLC Media Player.
- GOM Media Player.
- XBMC Media Center.
- Daum PotPlayer.
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my DVD drive?
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
How do I get Windows Media Player to play DVDs?
To play a CD or DVD Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
Can’t play a DVD on Windows 10?
First, download and install the software from the VideoLAN VLC Media Player website. Launch VLC Media Player, insert a DVD, and it should rev up automatically. If not, click Media > Open Disc > DVD, then click the play button. You’ll find a full range of buttons to control playback.
How do I get Windows DVD for free?
You are eligible to get the Windows DVD Player app for free if you upgrade to Windows 10 from the following Windows versions:
- Windows 7 Home Premium.
- Windows 7 Professional.
- Windows 7 Ultimate.
- Windows 8 Pro with Media Center.
- Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.
Why won’t my DVD play on my HP laptop?
If this is the cause for DVD not playing on your HP laptop, fix it through: Change DVD region in Windows 10: Search and open Device Manager > Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click on your DVD player and select Properties > click on DVD Region tab, select the region in whicj you want to change to and click OK.
How can I play a DVD on my laptop without a DVD drive?
Here are a couple of solutions for how to play a DVD on a laptop without a disk drive. How to play DVDs on a laptop without a DVD drive
- Use an external DVD drive. Shop HP External Drives Now.
- Create ISO files for virtual disks.
- Rip files from CD, DVD, or Blu-ray.
- Share CD and DVD drives over Windows network.
How do I fix my DVD drive not detected?
What can I do if the DVD driver for Windows 10 is not detected?
- Delete the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers from Device Manager.
- Create new registry keys.
- Check if your DVD drive is properly connected.
- Set your DVD drive as the first boot device in BIOS.
- Remove Virtual Drive Software.
- Use the Hardware Troubleshooter.