- 1 Can I control my DVD player with my phone?
- 2 How do you reset a DVD player without a remote?
- 3 Can I use my LG TV remote for my LG DVD player?
- 4 What do I do if I lost my DVD player remote?
- 5 How can I play my Sony DVD without a remote?
- 6 How do you reset your DVD player?
- 7 How do you fix a DVD player that won’t play?
- 8 How do I connect my LG DVD player to my LG TV?
- 9 Do universal remotes work on DVD players?
- 10 Why is my DVD remote not working?
- 11 How do I program a universal remote without a code?
Can I control my DVD player with my phone?
AnyMote Universal Remote + Wi-Fi Smart Home Control (Best for most TVs) The AnyMote Universal Remote app is compatible with any smartphone that runs on Android. For instance, you can set-up your device to turn on your TV and DVD player at a single tap.
How do you reset a DVD player without a remote?
How do I reset my Sony Blu-Ray player without a remote?
- Turn off and unplug the Blue-Ray player, let it rest for 30 seconds.
- Press and hold the open/close button on the front of the player, reconnect the power cord, then release the button.
Can I use my LG TV remote for my LG DVD player?
The LG Magic Remote controls the TV and its SMART functions only, and you cannot use it to control a Phillips Blu-ray player. If your LG television shipped with a Magic Remote, it should have a regular TV remote as well. Use the regular TV remote to control the Phillips Blu-ray player or other components.
What do I do if I lost my DVD player remote?
If you can’t find your DVD player or Blu-ray player remote control, or it has stopped working, don’t despair. You can often still play media using buttons on the device itself. You can also use a universal remote or, with some models, a smart phone app to control the player.
How can I play my Sony DVD without a remote?
How to press play on Sony Blu-ray without remote?
- Use the physical buttons on your Sony Blu-ray player. If you use an early model of Sony Blu-ray player, there are probably physical buttons on it.
- Get a universal remote.
- Use your television remote.
- Use a smartphone with an IR blaster.
How do you reset your DVD player?
On the DVD remote control, press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select the SETUP icon. Press the ENTER button. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select RESET. Press the ENTER button.
How do you fix a DVD player that won’t play?
Remove the disc from the DVD player. Use a lint-free cloth and some denatured alcohol or water to clean the disc and remove any dust or smudges that may prevent the player from reading it properly. Reinsert the disc into the player and press “Play” to see if cleaning the disc fixes the “NO DISC” error.
How do I connect my LG DVD player to my LG TV?
Turn both devices around, plug in their power cables and turn both devices on. Press the “Input” button on your television’s remote control or on your television’s front panel until “ HDMI ” or “HDMI 2,” or “AV” or “AV 2” or “Component” is displayed on its screen and you see the LG logo transmitting from the DVD player.
Do universal remotes work on DVD players?
As changing electronics is a part of life, having three different remotes to operate three machines that are intended to work together can be a nightmare. A solution, universal remotes, can make your life easier as you will no longer need to have one remote for your TV and another for your DVD player.
Why is my DVD remote not working?
Replace the batteries in the remote. By far the most common cause of a remote that loses functionality is that the batteries have simply gone dead. Remove the remote’s batteries and replace them to see if this restores the remote.
How do I program a universal remote without a code?
Common method #4: Press and hold the power button and device key simultaneously until the LED blinks or remains lit, then release and repeatedly press the power button until the device turns on or off, then press the device key (sometimes the stop button) to save the setting.